Skype has become one of the most popular video calling software in recent times, being a widely used alternative despite the fact that we also have options such as free WhatsApp calls or Facetime, available for iOS users. Talking with someone who is at a distance face to face is no longer a problem, so if you are a regular user of this program, you may be interested in customizing your profile to your liking. Do you want to change your Skype username? In this OneHowTo.com article we explain how to do it.
Steps to follow:
- Changing your Skype username is very easy and will only take a few seconds. But in addition to being able to add the name you prefer, you should know that it is also possible to rename your contacts as you prefer to identify them more quickly, at the end of this article we explain how to do it.
- To start, log in to Skype by entering your account with your username and password. Once inside you must click on your username that you will see in the upper left corner.
- Doing so will bring up all your profile data on the right side of the screen. Click on the first option that you will see with large letters “Add full name” . This alternative is available to those of us who have never changed our username on Skype, if you have already done so then click on your name.
- You will see a space to write your username, choose the one you prefer and hit the check . Your new Skype username will be saved automatically and you can change it again by following the same procedure we explained to you.
- It is important to remember that your users will be able to see you with a different username since there is the possibility of renaming the contacts , but how is it done?
- To rename a contact you must stand on it with the cursor and click with the right button of the mouse or mouse, there you will find the Rename option , where you can give the name you prefer to this user.